Sunday, August 03, 2008

Things no one tells you

Just got back from a lovely weekend in Seoul with the OAF.

Some of my older Korean students said the Saemaul (Not the Mungughwha -the milk train - and not the bullet train ... the Saemaul is supposedly the most comfortable) was the train to take and a bit of research indicated we'd need to go to west Daejeon station to find that critter.

Alas, that critter was full. But the KTX was not, so we grabbed a ticket at the last minute and the wildly helpful (with not so much English) ticket-woman pulled out a printed sheet of KTX terms and pointed at "reverse seat"

I initially mistook this for a question about a return trip, but some pointing and grunting and we had those tickets to Seoul.

25% cheaper.

Nice..

On the way back from Seoul I used my limited Korean (I know how to say "sit" and "I sat") and a hand gesture that might be obscene in boring Muslim countries, and we got the same discount.

So why did no one tell me about this.

BAAAAAAASTIIIIIIDS!

No comments: