Friday, August 29, 2008

Schedule is out..

The schedule is out and if it stays where it is it looks good for the remainder of the year. Most of my classes are late-afternoon and evening, which means I’ll have the mornings for work, stretching, and rambling. This should allow me to reset my goals for the first year in Korea. Many of them are achieved, so it’s time to get some new ones going. The summer was kind of unfocused, partly because of the killing heat and partly because of the ever-changing schedule.

That’s all gone now, so it’s time to get back to work.

I have the Japanese Studies kids again – they are my only Uni class. My big class is teaching BPU Administrators – that’s three nights a week for two hours each. These are important peoples and, if I were planning to stay at BPU, I’d really put the dog and pony show on. As I’m not planning on staying, they will get my typically slipshod approach. ;-)

The middling class is a “Conversation I” class, which sounds appallingly like it will be people new to English. It is only one hour at a time, though, and that kind of timetable can be conquered with nothing more than some new bumpers on the clown car.

So.. then the goals for this semester should be…

Lose about 7 more kilos… it’s a health thing, of course, but the more weight I can lose before I have to interview in Seoul, the better.

Do a movie about Woosong

Get to 100 pushups

Get back to the writing (I need to make this a bit more specific)

Learn some danged Korean – I actually studied this week and, lo and behold, I learned me some vocabulary…This is by far the most difficult thing I’m working on now. I am too easily distracted and just want to chuck it over when it doesn’t come to me quickly. Having canceled my internet and cable may help me with this, since I won’t have as many easy distractions at hand.

Viewer suggestions happily accepted…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you have already told us what you use the internet for, the 'distractions at hand' bit is really a bit over the top.

HYS

Anonymous said...

sounds good, all of it! Keep on keepin' on!
ysm

Anonymous said...

To HYS: EW! You are a panic!

To CCM: I'm changing my scale to kilos and my thermometer to celsius. That way I'll feel lighter AND cooler.

-YAF