Sunday, August 17, 2008

HOLY CRAP!

Just received a rather outstanding (but tentative, in Seoul, Korean language training built in, and the possible promise of another degree) job offer that would increase my stay in Korea.

Which I don't mind terribly, if there's plenty of vacation time to visit the two friends and 2.5 family members I still love. ;-p

OAF is down with it...

Korea, love it or leave it

Exclamation point to end that sentence, or question mark?

Heh, a nice calm weekend with the OAF erased by this mental turmoil...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2.5? Is that a record?? Sounds very good,give us details as it progresses. We are still waiting for the insurance adjuster (2 weeks,he says) and then hope to get away a week or so.
Vacations still on your schedule for Jan/Feb/?.
ysm

Anonymous said...

So what is this job of which you speak great Master?

yer sis

Brian said...

Sounds like an awesome opportunity. How'd you swing something like that?

Sorry to say I just realized you had a blog. Last time I was here I guess I didn't see it.

Charles Montgomery said...

Brian,

No big deal about the blog. I don't link-swap or anything. It's more for my family to keep up with me while I'm in Korea.

I got the job-offer (I should say I have still not seen a contract) the old-fashioned way - I am friends with Koreans in semi-influential places and since I have been doing conferences and reviews on Korean Lit I'm pretty well inside the arm.

My best friend is a highly skilled Korean translator and while that had nothing to do with my current job, it looks like it will really help in my next one.

I'm just a greasy-pole climbing monkey. ;-)