Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekis Horribilis

LOL.. Last Friday I had my annual pratfall.... cleaning the kitchen and stepping out onto the veranda where wet foot met met laundry soap and created one of those super-cooled frictionless interactions in which an object (me) finds no purchase, spins and eventually submits to the indignities of gravity.

Said indignities manifesting as my fat buttockal region hitting the doorjamb at obesity-velocity [terminal velocity*(.33BMI)/BAC)]. No permanent damage done, but it did jar loose the ague particles which had previously been in dormancy amongst the adipose tissue.

Accordingly, by 5pm on Saturday I was prostrate in bed (interrupted by occasional thrashing and groaning) with a fever, headache, chills, body-aches and a bit of whatnot. I remained in that state, and in bed, for 60 hours. This was Seollal holiday, so I had Monday and Tuesday to recover, but was still so slaughtered that I missed my first Korean class on Wednesday.

Here it is on Thursday night and I think that I will be able to make my class tomorrow.

Definitely the worst flu/cold/thing I've had in decades....

But.. holidays hover near!

No comments: