Monday, March 02, 2009

Things get off to a Smashing Start!

Except for that one t hing that was pretty smashed (me!).

I'm in my office and it is absolutely gigantic: a desk, a 10 foot by 7 foot bookcase, a conference table with four chairs, and a sink and mirror. And there's still probably space to play a turn (round? go?) of crickeet. The computer is now hooked up to the intarwebs, though I have no printer yet.

I did receive a phone call at about 11 asking, "don't you have a class now?" As it turns out, this was kind of a trick question as I did have a class at that time, it was just a class that wasn't on the schedule they sent me. Oh well, I suppose that means one class down, with no work at all on my part.

My classes are relatively small except for the auditory ones, one of which has 60 (!) students and the other only 26. I might have arranged that a bit differently. ;-)

Still, everything seems to be on track - I think the kids will like me for not requiring a textbook, but we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember a few problems like that from bpu1 about scheduling! Your list of topics is certainly general enough to let you do almost anything you want to do. Hope you fill us in on more specifics. And your apt. looks great. love
YSM