Friday, October 31, 2008

SCRAPS -Midterms; Editing; Language; Assorted

I'm not normally a big fan of bullets, but a couple of unrelated things:

  • I have a nasty cold which syncs well with the crappy grey and damp weather we are having around here. Thank God this will be a stay-in weekend.

  • In the course of one of the oral mid-terms I asked my students to describe their father. One of them did the normal thing "nice, etc." but then, struggling for something to add, said..."and.. and... he's a.... a supergenius!" I nearly fell out of my chair, but I was happy that at least one student listens to things I say. (Apologies to the only true superJenius, the MAF)

  • The BKF may have lined up a big project for us to work on. I hope so, since I've missed that kind of work. It's with Ewha, so it's prestigious, but it is also a lot of work for BKF, over a hundred pages, due in late November.

  • I have found yet another free Korean class which I will attend for the remaining four weeks of my five week plan to dominate 한국 말. It's on Monday nights from 7:30 to 9:00 and it is on campus.

  • Finally, I did get my holiday schedule, so I will be flying to SFO on January 24th and leaving from SFO on February 12th. Everyone alter their existing plans accordingly. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! Is there Island time in there?? YSM

Anonymous said...

Plans altered accordingly. Although I do expect an enormously expensive present.

The race is looking tight--could go either way at this point--I'll send ya an email on the night.

yer sis

Charles Montgomery said...

MSM..

The island seems within the budgetary constraints. ;-)