Friday, October 24, 2008

In Which I Get an Overseas Penpal

Living in a far-away country like Korea, it has always been my wish to have a pen-pal in the United States.

Today I took the first step towards that, by sending my friend OX a letter. I've been staring at the written aspects of Korean for about 10 days now and thought it was time to take a shot at writing something. At the beginning levels, at least, the language seems very rational - conjugation is easy right now, but I suspect I'm not learning any irregular verbs and that as I go on things will become more murky. Unfortunately, my Friday afternoon free class canceled, but I have picked up a 1.5 hour lesson (with a previous student) on Thursdays, so I should still have Korean lessons four days a week.

I'll try to do something on Fridays, but I'll need to find yet another tutor.

Anyway, the letter is below and, at least, nothing should be misspelled as my Korean operating system and Word with a Korean dictionary kindly points out how poor my spelling is. I think this should actually help with it.

황소,

안녕 하세요,

나는 대전에서 너는 쓰고 있어요. 학생을 오늘 가르쳐요. 한국말 약간 쓸 수 있어요. 수주를 오늘 밤 마시고 있어요. 지금 가요. 피곤해요. ;-)

안녕 가세요,

Charles…
OK.. not so many words, but my head started to hurt. ;-)

No comments: