Thursday, October 09, 2008

Defeating the Lazy

Ah.. the things I do to get work done.

While searching the internet for literature supporting my next abstract I came across the perfect book on Questia. I snagged about 50 pages of it onto my thumb drive, but made a deal with myself that I couldn’t look at it until I had finished/started several things I needed to do today.

First, I went to the evening Korean class. Very difficult – most of the students are above me, but it is also going to be very helpful if I stick it out. Then, after reading “organization” posts over at Reassigned time (here and here), I decided that I needed to organize and catalog all these various articles, journal articles, and the copy-right infringed cool books I had copied by printers here. This is pretty much done, if you accept the dodge of all the articles I put in the folder called, “Need to Sort.” ;-)

Also labeled all the CDs and DVDs I’ve burned and tossed out all the detritus. Cleaned the house a bit.

Now I have 50 pages of killer copy, two beers I just snagged from the store around the corner, and no classes until 6:10 tomorrow night. Mega-bonus.

Tomorrow I will get 50 more pages of the book, but the price of admission will be my Korean homework in both classes, as well as finishing up the article archiving (it’s all going into Excel) and a bit of necessary shopping (shoelaces, earbuds, and a .25 to .25 inch speaker cable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what is the big important thing that has allowed Structured Procratination to work for you? ;-)

YAF