Monday, April 14, 2008

Lack of Pressure..

Teaching English in Korea is a pretty pressureless gig if you know English. Seems to be ok for some people who don’t know English at all. In some ways it is the clown car redux. The important difference being that you know you aren’t intended to be taken seriously.

Consequently, no pressure.

A condition that suits me.

This is a conclusion I come to after cobbling together a little numerical rubric I call the “Charles Montgomery Ratio of Head Bobbing, Hip-Shaking, and Rocking till our Cocks are Out to the Number of Songs that Play on His iPod Coefficient

I’m not entirely happy with the name of that. I like that it starts with my name and it does include “cock”. Also, “coefficient” sounds pretty scientific. But I know that I need to do some work on the name.

Anyway.. my number on that scale is now higher, and not just because I’ve moved from a Fahrenheit country to a Celsius one (which, I think, would have lowered my number?).

Still, as I sit here under the largely quieted (a story I must shortly tell) Thumper McMastodon and his amazing feets of stone? Music (I guess I mean songs) makes me unreasonably happy again. Sure, it all means nothing. Sure, I’m probably gonna die under the wheels of a Korean tax-cab. Sure this all dust in the wind (man, there’s one song that gets my trousers completely buttoned back up – what WAS wrong with those boys?). But man… every now and then?

I don’t much like using French words other than the traditional ones – “Surrender” – “Toast” – “Fries.”

But I believe “frisson” is the word and..

.. I’d write more, but I just said a French word. So I need a shower.

Or a mistress..

Then I’d still need a shower..

And a bagel… screw croissants… I’m all Dreyfuss up in around here baby…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I attribute this, how you say, frisson, (or did you mean friskY hard-on) to the impending arrival of your lovely fianceé.(Ew! More French! Will it never end?)

Showers all around!

-AF

Anonymous said...

Don't know much about history, or French. What I do know is that when the yellow dust BLOWS from China, I feel like we're just a speck of dust in the wind...

BKF

Anonymous said...

Wow BKF! I could pull so my double entendres -- ARRGH! More French!-- out of that paragraph, I just don't even know where to begin! Bravo.