Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I huffed yellow dust, and I got dusted..


Eh..

Sorta wasted day. Caught a cold over the night and was groggy and out of sorts. This cold came courtesy of an office-mate who teaches the little kids. When they first get together they are pretty much an experimental breeding grounds for disease.

Also discovered I have to pick someone else’s class (they had to go to Japan on an emergency Visa run). The good news is that they are teaching on of my books, and because of the MT last week and their early class, they had two lessons planned out that I have coming up. So with the help of their lesson plans and the book, I hammered ahead on my lesson planning. Also added some cool stuff to the plans, so they will be even better.

On a bitterly cold night I went out to an “international” steak and salad house with the rest of my office. 22K won and not really worth it. That kind of money buys me a week’s worth of groceries and the food, while plentiful, wasn’t really good. I haven’t been in town long enough to be totally jonesing for western food (some of the rest of the table have been) so for me it was more a social thing, though not a ton of that either as I was groggy with my cold. Thank god we split a cab home (well, two nut-cases did walk) so I didn’t freeze my ass off with the cold already set in. Yellow dust count seems to be on the rise and I would surely like to beat most of this cold before it gets up there in count.

With nothing else going on, here are some pictures that turned up as I sorted through my various websites.

Tomorrow – today for you, or something, will be another long one…

It will also mark my one-month anniversary in Korea which, except for lack of sleep and this here cold, has been grand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Already a month! i don't know about western food in daejon. Do they have Outback? I have been in on in Seoul. It wasn't good. It's almost like going to a Korean restaurant in Monterey, CA--very expensive with not much to enjoy. I hope your cold gets better soon.

BKF