Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Updates and stuffs..

If you didn't see this on my pretentious literary blog..

the 10 Magazine “expatriate blog” contest is over and KTLIT came in 2nd. Apologies to Brian (Gratuitous link to his post of Lee Hyori), Marmot, and Roboseyo, all of whom have blogs with substantially more useful content.

After that 10 Magazine contest, and the coverage by Media 오늘 (thanks to Tatter&Media) ratings for KTLIT went from nowhere to somewhere… from 5 millionth or so on Alexa to 780,000, and to 2,586th in Korea.

Actually.. I've dropped down below 700,000 on Alexa, for god knows what reason, but I'll take it.

Even better, the notoriety of this and my Media Onul piece means I get emails like this invitation to a conference:

so.. like if that turns out, it would be awesome.

The conference will be held at Duksan Spa Castle Hotel (http://www.resom.co.kr/eng/spa/info_01.html ). Of course, lodging, meals, and transportation would be covered for you and your family if you choose to attend. If you wish to present, a small honorarium would also be provided and publication in the journal of the Korea Academic Society of Tourism is also possible.

To be honest, I'd do it just to do it.

The power of social blogging, I guess....

No comments: