Friday, January 15, 2010

St'illin, and Grading the Professor

Still a bit sick, partly because I went to an event last night, the First Annual Korean Blogger's Awards. It was a great time, and I think I got some important networking done. Still, it kept me up til after midnight, so rising was a struggle..

Last day of class, however, and we talked about the final, did my evals, and cut out early. Nice to read my evals were all good, and this sent me over to the computer evals to see how I had done. Decent progress there - there is no way to tell what the numbers actually mean - since you can't usefully compare them to anything else, but my numbers were up 4.5% from my first semester. And that's with the one class that I totally booted (Speech and Debate). I think I should be able to move up a similar amount next semester. Really, this has taught me the importance of having a tight curriculum, a thing I hadn't much thought of teaching at BPU1, as that was all out of gamebooks.

Ah well, still a review to finish, then my time till January can be spent in frivolous pursuits

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the general wisdom was anything under 4.6% growth was actually a negative once you factored in the tide tables and square root of fungal growth in Portugal.

Anonymous said...

the above comment was left by- as you might have guessed---


HYS