Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morning Calm Moves!

To completely avoid all the hassles of the upcoming wedding, I spent all day today setting up a new website, Wordpress, and then migrating Morning Calm to the new site. The old site was visually fine, but because of the way it was set up it did not get well searched by Google, and its internal search function was also asploded. It also had a pretty gnarly URL and I want to be able to say the URL and have people remember it....

For all these reasons I moved it to www.ktlit.com, which should be easy enough to remember. In the course of all this I discovered that the nitwits at Wells Fargo had blocked my credit card, apparently having forgot that I moved to Korea. This would have come up inconvenient when it was time for me to buy my ticket back to The Empire.

Oh well.. got the site up, did the export/import from Blogger to Wordpress, then dorked around figuring out how to change the templates. The last bit was to go to Feedburner and Google Analytics and get them hooked up... it seems to have worked, although there is a lot more I'd like to do to the template....

Tomorrow I'll have to find the sites with hard-coded links to my page and email them with the changes...

But for now.. go take a look and give me feedback.... www.ktlit.com,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feedback: Send me the f%&#$@*&ing invitation list (with updated location and time confirmation) to email evites......

yersis