Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love Teaching but...

Grading is a colossal pain in the ass.

Sure, I can apply myself to the enormous stack of ungraded paper on my desk and by engaging in a grueling death march of up to 15-20 minutes I can get through some 3-5 papers before the siren song of Facebook (or the qualuuded threnody of Blogger) pulls me away...

I look up from my relentless clicking through the web look for a friend online, just one lousy friend to come online, and I notice the sun, once rosy in the sky, is now setting in the East (as it does here in Korea) or.. holy crap...it's the next morning...

Which means, without graded papers to return and discuss I'll have to ginn up another writing assignment which I will then bring back to my office, set on top of the towering pile of papers already there..

I will sit down, cup of coffee at hand, green pen in hand (red is a bad color in Korea), and concentrate profoundly.. on trying to find that one Elvis Costello B-side I never tracked down on Pirate's Bay.

And to be sure I'll have a tab open to Facebook..

siiiight...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe another poem?

Anonymous said...

a paean

Anonymous said...

Give them all a C- and tell them they have to work harder.

HYS

Anonymous said...

have you suffocated under that pile of papers?
YSM

buy aurogra 100 said...

Zecyte 250 mg is utilized for treating a specific sort of prostate cancer that has spread to different pieces of the body. It is utilized alongside prednisone, asteroid. Zecyte 250 mg Tablet is a sort of hormone therapy. Clinical preliminaries are likewise utilizing abiraterone for prior phases of prostate cancer and progressed breast cancer.