Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry XMASS to ALL you all!

As you all, in the “behind world,” wake up to face xmas, it is already passed in the land of the future ™.

It’s funny how being in a new country, without stuff, focuses your present buying. The OAF and I each bought each other mugs (highly appropriate if you think of the two of us).

I bought the OAF a tea-mug, since I use one of my mugs for my toothbrush, and the other to temporarily hold various cooking items, mainly oils.

She bought me a toothbrush mug!

William Sydney Porter? Shut yo mouf!

Also, all waeguk surrender to Korea. Not only was today xmas, but last night was a birthday party and an xmas eve party. At both parties, socks, mittens, and scarves were highly esteemed as gifts.

Predictably, the OAF and I traded scarves this morning. ;-)

It’s true… four distinct seasons … with the good two so brief that it’s obvious Korean achievement is despite God’s punishment.

Good on the Koreans, then.

That picture there is the lame LED xmas tree that I drew on the wall of my flat, in cable and despair. The picture catches it in full-on LE(d)xplosion and thus it looks much less pacific and Christ-like than normal.

The OAF and I then careened, cold and in the wind, through Daejeon all day…. Bookstores and coffee-joints, pummeled by spitting masses as we walked through the Jung-ang market.

Ended in a tuegi joint that was stuffed to the gills, and that really laid on the meat portions.

Another freezing day in paradise… ;-)

and I did wear my scarf to the PC joint.. so Korea has made me gay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to think it all started with those shiny shoes BKF gave you for Christmas a few years back. (Notice, I am not mentioning your driving... not that there's anything wrong with it..)

As your Christmas has now ended in the Land of Tomorrow (patent pending), I wish you a Happy Boxing Day, after which I expect you may feel the overwhelming need for a manicure. ;-)

-YAF

Anonymous said...

And tomorrow is Saint Stephen's Day in the Eastern Church. That sounds like a facial.....

yer sis

Anonymous said...

so you donned your gay apparel/

well, fa la la and all that.

YSM

Anonymous said...

Those shiny shoes I gave made him gay? No wonder OAF finds herself two more fiancee...

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

BKF