Friday, September 26, 2008

Some more reasons I like Korea (and one I don't)

The trip up to the airport was grand.. KTX, then the subway, and finally the airport train. Two out of three of these had grand views - and as two nights ago Fall, well, fell, everything is mild and lovely. ICN is a great airport and I'm always amused at how much easier it is to get on a plane here. They do all the same security, it just seems to work better.. Maybe it's the language barrier and I just can't tell that the security folks here are the same witless riffraff we have in the states.

But I don't think so.. cause it moves.

Then, I remembered one of the few things I don't like about Korea - no bars in the airports. This has jumped up to number two on my list of most disliked things in Korea (the heat and humidity of summer don't count because, really, how can you blame that on Koreans?). Number one, of course, is the promiscuous spitting. Number two used to be the crazy driving here, but then I realized that this is just something you get used to. If you were brought up here you'd know it by heart... look both ways.. three times. ;-).

I betcha the airport in Tokyo has a bar!

In any case.. a couple more hours and I should be Discovering Japan..

as the tears slid sideways down my face
I woke up speaking in the tongue of a different race
And as the plane touches down my watch says 4:02
But that's midnight to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!
You know, I have never been to Japan, although I had lived in Korea for 16 years or so...

BKF

chiam said...

There is a bar at ICN. I have had many a gin and tonic there. You just haven't found it. Happy hunting.