Monday, July 21, 2008

The Students Speak (Semester Evals)

Well this is a bit weird, the classes ranked me in exact opposite order I would have ranked my own success. Go figure.

Starting with the bad..

In Japanese Studies my rating was a 75%
The overall rating was an 81.2%

I attribute part of this to their only being three sections and the TSR, who is my teaching superior (in fact from whom I've swiped a lot of my new approaches), was the evaluee on one of the other sections. I bet he scored consistently in the 90s.

In International Management my rating was 94.5%
The overall rating was an 81.2%

So I did well on that one

My "triumph" was in the class that I doubt I taught one decent thing.

In Computer Science my overall rating was 100%
The overall rating was 82.6%

So I did well on that one also.

I'm going to have to spend a bit of time pondering why the ratings went this way, when I would have predicted the exact opposite.

Weird.

Still, ok numbers for my first semester teaching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one told me statistics would be on the test

Anonymous said...

How did the sex-for-grades thing work out?

HYS