Friday, July 18, 2008

Letter from the Empire

Hallelujah and O My God...

I finally received a letter from someone back in the States.

Technically, I paid $1,000 dollars for someone to send me a letter from the States, but it is just as meaningful for me on two levels.

1) Now I know what I have to do to get people to correspond with me. To be honest, I won't pay most of you that much for anything short of a sex act, but at least I now know what is required.

2) Hey, it was my first letter while here!

I have included the pic (with some slight blurring) for three reasons.

The first is to prove to some skeptics that all you have to do is actually send me a letter and I will receive it.

The second is to reinforce what the address is without entirely giving my ID away to the random and evil innartubes.

And the third is to suggest that the person who sent me this letter is probably a dangerous psychopath of some kind as suggested by relatively random handwriting/font approach they take to something as simple and brief as an address.

1) My name in a savage and jagged script which suggests great anger and barely controlled desires to violence.

2) The name of the Institute in tightly controlled and universally sized capital letters.

3) The remainder of the address in the "large cap/small cap" format, semi-randomly applied across words.

If I happened to be the husband of this correspondent (and you know who you are!), I'd take a long, long hunting trip. And ask to get letters, lots of letters.

And not come back until some of this letterary evidence of insanity is reduced.

FINAL POINT (or, as correspondent might write it FINAL POINT): I showed this to the TSR and his response was:

"As someone who is not an expert at handwriting, it looks like this person might be a relative of yours."

Prima facie evidence of instability!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK maybe i'm getting this all wrong, but did you say here that you paid your sister $1000 for a short sex act?!!

-AF

Anonymous said...

PS YLF (that would be MLF to you) claims she sent you a letter, but it was returned to her. Then again, she did get a birthday phone call from SK and lord only knows what THAT cost her!!

-AF