Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pics from an Immoderately Long Ramble

Today's walk was so long that I had to stop halfway through to purchase new shoes. Well, since I'd left my sneakers at the Uni and it was closed, I was walking in some old workshoes and they were beginning to chafe. When I suggested it was time to walk balk home, the OAF demurred and went into the 7-11 and in a pantomime that involved her shoes, that mime act of walking against the wind, and substantial arm-flailing she received:

• three phone numbers
• a warning from a cop
• advice that the shoe store was down the street to the "right" (although the woman pointed to the left). A brief bit of my limited Korean separated the gesture from the meaning, and we were off again. We found the shoe-store with little difficulty, and after I dropped 70,000 won on a pair of shoes that can double as athletic and work ones (a thing I'd been looking for for some time) we passed shoe-store after shoe-store advertising 10,000 won shoes.

Stopped at the park/museum/roller rink and had water and a beer. Many many families out, renting little electric-powered cars for their kids. We saw the next generation of Korean taxi-drivers receiving their formulative experiences. Also walked past the croquet golf course and saw some olders playing. Korean social life is nice and outdoors, at least in comparison to San Jose.

Anyway, much of the walk was on the river.

Which means that, as usual, I took pictures of some bird I couldn't possibly identify. I trust the krewe in Texas will round up some of their bird experts and give me the news.

That's it over there on the left and below it is making it's great escape from the evil waeguk.

Crafty bugger.

With incredibly satanic eyes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Night heron. Tastes like chicken.

HYS

Anonymous said...

did you take the photos? very nice...:)