Monday, October 29, 2007

Which Financial Suicide?

there's the Asian Studies route.. which wouldn't be nearly as painful if the dollar hadn't been shitcanned by two terms of the chimp.

Or there's the totally insane English route..

I tend towards the former, since it has absolutely no residency requirement and thus I could do it from Korea. Not to mention I've done my time in English.

As to Korea, I learn many interesting things at Dave's ESL Cafe, including the fact that there are more jobs than I am being presented by my friends in Korea. I have no idea why that is, but it is.

And there is a clear route, via University sponsored short-sessions, that I could take to

a) teach and,
b) get experience to move up to a really reputable Uni (say, National University, Seoul).

and then, presumably, move back here and be able to teach East Asian Studies or English, or not teach at all.

poi dog pondering...

No comments: