Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fanboy Goes the Final Step.....

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a complete computer illiterate and slavish follower of fashion. Consequently I am a complete Apple fanboy. But until today I had held out against the siren song of the iTunes store. In fact I had never purchased any digital music online, instead holding to the principle that hours wasted searching LimeWire and Torrent sites was a more economic way to get obscure 96 kbit/s renditions of scratchy songs from the past.

But today, with all the pride of a scairt dog, rolling over and pissing on itself in an ecstacy of surrender, I signed up for iTunes. Gave the mod swine my credit card number, home address, phone number, probably signed my soul away.

But BOTH Flamin' Oh's albums for only $9.99? Oh baby, no way I couldn't sell out. No freaking way. I got "I Remember Romance," "I'm the Gun," "So Cruel," and "Medical Mess," and all the other hits we used to swing to in Minneapolis.
I've got cancer, and VD
Diabetes and a broken knee
I wear glasses
Still can hardly see

I'm just a medical mess with only 6 weeks left...
(unintelligible ranting further obscured by shitty mixing)

I'm a bleeder
with a million cuts
I'm on a diet
with ulcers in my guts
I'm psychotic
I think I'm going nuts!
Sure, I sold my soul. But it was completely worth it.

No comments: