Sunday, April 02, 2006

Now.. I'm not officially a member of NABMLA or anything (yet -- my essential and boring heterosexuality makes it not so very appealing) .. but as a marketing guy this ad for Sylvan (tutoring I'm guessing) drawn from sfgate.com strikes me as weird.

I suppose Sylvan is counting on the fact that they have enough name recognition that they really don't need to advertise what they do. And for all I know they do have this recognition among parents. Sylvan has their logo on top, which means they are selling brand and assuming we all get it. And then they have the "come hither kid" at the bottom.

But they only talk about what they do in terms of the money you can get off on their tutoring.

On the other hand who wouldn't want to save $100 bucks on getting off?

Nancy Reagan, bless her dead lack of soul, would have had something to say about this advert for pederasty tutoring.

It's just a bit weird.. it has a stange intensity ("Waiting is not the answer") and then he spooky kid looking out from the page looks a bit like a young Truman Capote looked (picture provided below) when he was pimping himself on book covers.

And, oh yeah.. we'll tutor you there, butch kid!

I'm sure my imaginary readers can asplain this for me. ;-)



;-)

No comments: