Thursday, September 09, 2010

Winn3rZ from WiNNrdom!

A grey sprinkly day here, but no so heavy that I couldn't take a ramble in over Namsan. The halmoni were out on the bridge from the Hyatt to Namsan Park, giving away free iced coffee. As soon as that got in the bloodstream the day took on a happier air. Because of the sprinkles, no Koreans to speak of were out (as tough as Koreans are about most things, if they can be sissies about the weather they will go full-sissy at the slightest opportunity).

Walking over Namsan there is a little break to the left with a very green meadow and for some reason it flashed an entirely different picture into my head - the Tuolomne Meadows as you start down towards Yosemite Valley. For the first time in a long time I felt a bit homesick. Can't wait to get back to The Empire in Decay (TED hereafter).

On the getting famous front, an article on me that was going to be in Koreana this fall has been pushed back to the winter issue. No sweat there.

I guest-starred on the maiden broadcast of a radio show called "Bloggers Roundtable" and this has apparently lead to my not only being on that show, but a segment (details are being worked out) on translated Korean lit that will air bi-weekly.

To add a slight frosting of powdered-sugar to all this honey, Kim Young-ha's translator is in town for a conference and has agreed to an interview with me. This will mean I'll have an interview with Kim himself, the review, and and interview with the translator.

If I can't turn that into a publication somewhere decent, I need to turn in my "Weasel: First-Class with Decorative Fringe and Extra Lube' ribbon.

For now, I think the search for more coffee must proceed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they didn't ask you to speak at THIS conference...

http://www.galileowaswrong.com/galileowaswrong/

yersis

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. now I remember. Golden Boy.