Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ghost Town that's the Most Town

Took a 1.5 hour ramble along the fetid creek and came across some Urban Redevelopment sort of near my neighborhood. Whenever you see this kind of fencing you know that something old is being torn down and something new put up. This area is gigantic, probably 6-8 of the gigantic Korean 'blocks' run through with alleyways. I have no idea if the folks who lived here were adequately repaid for their land and homes, but given recent Korean history, I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, the area is still accessible by a few roads, and I was alone inside it except for an ajeoshi who seemed to be glaring at me. Perfectly reasonable as there was no reason for a fat white guy in a purple football jersey and black nylon shorts to be wandering through.
I'd like to get back in there when the sun is coming in at angles.. probably some great shots as well as my inevitable arrest.

On the way back, I spotted this little spring-like thing in a concrete box on the culvert. An odd flash of life in a grey little area.

The other shots down there below are of various ghostscapes in the place.. it might even be cool to go there at night, with a full moon, and do some long exposures.

Might have to get me a tripod.
And a lawyer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a tripod ...and a Geiger counter!

Whenever I see the words "ghost town" it makes me think of the KidofSpeed's Chernobyl rides. http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

-AF

Anonymous said...

You need: a tripod, a lawyer and an interpreter.

You may also need: a drug-dealing connection, fake bank account to launder money, an analogue cell phone that phone companies can't trace...etc.

BKF