Friday, May 09, 2008

Around about here is where I live..

The neighborhood here isn't the greatest in the world. Bad, I suppose, but nothing like a ghetto. Korean society is still too cohesive to have ghettos (oh what brave new worlds globalization will bring!). BPU is in the old neighborhood and Korea being what it is, the newer neighborhoods are grander and more sterile. Bee's nests in the sky.

We have an old Ajumma who cruises up the street each day at about 6:30 or so and each day she's on a collection mission of some sort. I haven't quite sussed out how she decides what she is collecting, but some days she is collecting flattened cardboard and on some other days she has a box and a bag of something on her cart and she fills it with ???? something. She's either working pretty late in life, or work has prematurely pushed her to a pretty late state in life, or one-million other possible things that I couldn't possibly understand. I will say, women of her generation (whatever that might be) seem to have a rather staggering amount of widow's humpage (that sounds just terrible, but you know what I mean). It looks like a generation that didn't get enough calcium. Perfectly possible if you think that they came through WWII, the Korean war, and the rather poor patches immediately thereafter.

OTOH, while I was taking that picture of her there on the upper left, a guy came staggering down the street and reminded me a phrase that an old friend, Thea, used to use... "driving by braille." This guy was walking by ping-pong braille.. Soju, it's a hell of a drug! Anyway, I can't tell here from the PC Bang if the swf below works. I hope so, but if not it's a fix for manana (that's Korean for "when I have a hangover")



The Birds, however, are more suspicious

I'm waiting for my man

Hey, white boy, what you doin' uptown?
don't you holler, darlin' don't you bawl and shout

Im feeling good, feeling so fine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey white boy, you're chasing all the women around

too bad they are all humpy ajummas

yer sis

Anonymous said...

Speaking of bee's nests, the next time BKF's FIL is in the country -- that would be OUR country of baseball, mom and apple pie, not YOUR country of soju, ajumma-stalking and fermenting pots, you defector! -- I need his help to remove the three wasp nests behind my townhouse!

-AF

Anonymous said...

btw - your swf didn't