Saturday, January 07, 2006

KOREAN INTERREGNUM - THE CHOSUN ONES AND THE TIRED ONES

Back after a long flight.... got to this here American town and was boggled by how spread out it is.. Seoul will do that to you.

Coming from Seoul to Cali is going the "wrong way" in terms of jet lag and I am desparately trying to stay awake for the next two hours so that I can start getting back to PST. Too tired to make sense, which might be better. Drove (that is as the driver) in my LesSUV when I got back and after 18 days that was a bit weird to do.

When I was gone a fence blew down and some things got kicked around in the backyard. The house also looks uselessly large and the carpets appear odd. I will certainly miss ondol.

For now, off to unpack and try to stay awake...

And read things...

I discover here that there is a word for the uber-cutie cartoon characters the Koreans use. Well, there is such a word in Japanese and it is "kawaii". When I get the discussion site going that Ed and I are discussing I might post at greater length about this. I took some pictures of this without knowing what it was, but it did strike me that images of policemen, construction workers, guys running from avalanches who all had multiple registration points in their eyes all include some of the other characteristics that are apparently genetically pointed to...

Scientists who study the evolution of visual signaling have identified a wide and still expanding assortment of features and behaviors that make something look cute: bright forward-facing eyes set low on a big round face, a pair of big round ears, floppy limbs and a side-to-side, teeter-totter gait, among many others.


From da site above..

Yeesh, my head is ringing with thoughts but I can't keep it off my chest....

No comments: