Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chicken Leg Bones for Sale? How Stupid are You?

So there's the Bone Room in Berkeley (of course). And I like them. Many years ago, when they were still in Oakland, I went by their store and it opened my eyes to the beauty of bones and skeletal bits and pieces. This served me well, years later, when I discovered the sheep abattoir up in Soda Springs, CA.. Which is a long story to tell at some other point. But the Bone room offers you a chance to purchase rare and inaccesible pieces of previously living critters.

Like the rare opportunity to purchase the leg-bone of a chicken for only a dollar.

Only a dollar.

Per bone.

Do you know what Kentucky Fried Chicken offers you? For $1.49 per leg you get the bones and to eat all that delicious lard-soaked chicken!

Do you know what the store offers you?

Well, me either, but it has to be even cheaper than KFC. So basically, unless you need that 3rd rate Hollywood African Costume Necklace now, why the heck would you purchase a dried chickenbone.

Meh... I'm gonna go to Popeyes!

No comments: