Monday, March 07, 2011

AM Ajumma ATTACK!

Having slept like crap last night, I was still in bed at 9:50 AM when the Ajumma decided it was time for her annual inspection of the apartment. So, groggily, I hear some little bell ringing off in the distance and recognizing it is not my iPhone, I decide to ignore it.

Ignoration (one of my most honed skills) becomes useless when I hear a key in the lock and the door scraping open. Since I know The Lovely Wife is at her gainful employment, I also know it is the Ajumma. I crack open the bedroom door and croak out an "Ajumma" just as she is pealing out an "Ajumma" of her own - this is how she announces herself.

When she sees my tousled (but adorable!) head peeking out of the bedroom door and hears me saying "Just a minute," she flies into a panicked storm of high-pitched Korean. By the time I have my shirt and trousers on, she is gone.

Fortunately the house, while disheveled, is not that dirty. A quick 20 minute cleaning job and now it is ready for her sneak return which, I bet, will be a bit more sneaky now that she has been "caught," so to speak.

Still, it was good to have a chance to clean up TLW's detritus in the living room. The Ajumma would not have found much to be critical about, but she can cluck in disapproval like 30 divorcees drinking estrogen milkshakes. We can't have that.

Now the place is shining liking a diamond (but not too clean so she knows it's all fake), we should be in the clear.

Off to the coffee shop to do all these editing jobs that seem to have piled up over the weekend.

No comments: