Sunday, May 27, 2007

Will it never end?

The question is, of course, rhetorical.

Of course it will end and badly at that.

But how cruel is a advisor to ok a thesis and then scarper off to parts unknown until June 5th. I just sit here and obsessively pick at the thing. I've become a more productive version of Oscar Wilde who once wrote that he "spent all morning putting in a comma and all afternoon taking it out."

As I read over that last paragraph I realize the word "productive" isn't quite right, since it implies some kind of useful product.. I have been... protean?... or maybe the paper has become protean and I've become some combination of Narcissus and Mickey Mouse as the sorcerer's apprentice.

Who knows, I never understood British mythology anyway...

But the damned thing is growing again... 17,566 words.

Like the moron I am? I'm going to print out another version and edit the thing...

moron!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's more like you are picking and eating your scabs!

yer sis