Thursday, December 15, 2005

First Badministration Post

I just have a feeling it won't be the last.

The guy who is going to be my next higher up met with me and another person. We started talking about deadlines for materials and when construction would begin. Guy says. "Well, what if rwellor could get you all of the materials by (Date redacted)?" I hop in rather sharpish and note that the date he proposes is well after I will be off on vacation. He looks around, confused. Turns to the other person and with what he thinks is a firm jaw says, almost yelling, "what if rwellor could get you all the materials by (the date days after I will no longer be around)?"

weird... completely ignoring reality and that I "am a human being!"

then on the way out (about an hour before quitting) badminstrator drops, "oh, so-and-so needs a report on a project by tonight." Tonight is three hours away and this has never been mentioned to me before. I say it probably can't be done, but rush back to excel and pump it out. I walk it over to the "so-and-so" that badministrator said needed the report for the evening's meeting?

Nice.

She was never planning on going to the meeting. She, unlike the badministrator, was thankful to see the report and did things the badministrator would never do like ask questions. She grasped it and had me come to her meeting the next morning where, giving me credit, she summarized it neatly.

I'd much rather work for her. ;-(

No comments: