Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I'm like an outhouse at a Dead Show

Cause I'm overflowing with shit.

I went one more gate and there was the bar. Sure, it was exposed on three sides and well lit, but it was a bar.

The flight was uneventful. We flew over the East Sea (the map kept showing Dokdo and Ull ngdo islands and I wonder what that meant to the Japanese on the flight). We flew across the mainland of Japan, landed in Narita, and then proceeded to taxi half the way back to Dokdo. That's some long airport.

The van to the hotel was full, so they grabbed me and some stewardess (50, ugly, outweighing me and, thankfully, silent) a cab and we got here. Nice room and I fell in love with the place immediately when I saw the Sapporo Beer vending machine down the hall!

I was a bit less impressed when I discovered a 16-oz beer costs about 5 bucks. Oh well.. the taxi drive over, which was only about 10 minutes, would have cost 30 bucks (if the hotel didn't pay) and I'm starting to get the idea this place is a tad expensive.

New ad campaign for Korea. Sure, we don't have the snow-monkeys, colorful temples, or Mt. Fuji - but man are we inexpensive!

Also, on the ride over I did some good work on the next paper (got the theoretical section done, most everything should flow as a result of that) and also got a free Heineken. So, you know, win-win!

Tomorrow I'm told it's an hour to the college, and my quick looks at the subway maps here just confused the shit out of me - they are owned by separate companies (two, at least) and the map on the intarwebs did not seem to have any of the stops on the map that Seisen University gave me.

Oh well, that's what concierge's are for..

No comments: