Monday, September 08, 2008

Ordinal Rankings, New Classes...

I went in and got my ordinal ranking this morning. I was the 7th-highest rated professor out of 58 here at BPU. That kind of sucks.. just outside being able to say I was in the top 10%. :-(

The new classes have begun and the familiar (well, ok, it is only my second semester) groove is settling back in. I have the Japanese Study kids, who I love, and some Chinese students who have really good English, the other class is BPU administrators, and it hasn't met yet. Rumour is that I might have to take some more of the Chinese hours.... Only downside to those classes is I have to wear a tie, which I kind of hate.

This week I'm teaching 19.5 hours, but it is pretty spread out... one nice thing about the next Uni is that it only has a 12 hour work-week. A lazy man could get used to that!

I always forget how fun the students are when you are really rocking a class. I subbed this morning for a great chemistry class and other than the fact that my fat self was drenched in sweat from the trip up the hill, it went perfectly.. high English levels in that class as well as students who didn't mind being there. Even the stupidity of the textbook didn't break the vibe, which is when things are really working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is the "next" uni a done deal?

Anonymous said...

And they say you can never go home again. Hah!
Here's your soup: http://www.spunangel.com/opossum/broken.jpg

-YAF

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Treat yourself with a trip to 부산 비엔날레 festival (http://www.busanbiennale.org). I bet this one would be a million times better than the food festival I told you about the last time. BTW, the food festival held Korea's first hotdog eating contest...which explains why you saw so many weiners there...

BKF