Monday, August 04, 2008

The Scottish Reprobate Retreats

.. just like the Scottish army itself, the TSR has retreated to ancestral manse. We had a goodbye party last Friday.. it went until 2am and was a rather adult affair, considering the usual type of party we have around here. It was a wine-tasting with cheese and crackers (although the crackers only maintained their 'crack' for an hour or so - 90% humidity is a real bitch for that sort of thing). I stayed til the bitter end, since he was my office-mate and friend, and ended up walking home at about 2am with two plants from the TSRs flat.

On the way down I noticed that the Garbage Gods were also in a giving mood and I snagged the hideous green mini-dresser you see to the right. Blessed be the Garbage Gods! The thing needs some dresser-knobs and a quick slap of paint, but it already holds my speakers, hidden away, and will soon allow me to have much less crud out on flat surfaces. So that's a win.

Got home, didn't even open the beer in the fridge and went to sleep, because the next day was to be a trip to Seoul with the OAF.

By the time I would return from that trip, the TSR would be history....

Ah well, the plan is to visit him, next summer, in the Philippines (however the hell you spell that)..

No comments: